Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Wallet Card

I just found out about the Wallet Card over at Baseball Card Breakdown. Great idea! Keep a card in your wallet and take a picture of it throughout the year. Of course, I have to grab a Ryno card.

I love the diamond kings cards so this was an easy one to pick. This was one of the greatest parts of opening Donruss packs back then. There were always lots of surprises. Sometimes you got excited and sometimes you just looked at the card and said "why?" I was extremely excited when Sandberg was the Cubs choice in 1991.

This was also the first year Donruss did the Elite Series. I don't even want to admit how many boxes I bought and opened just hoping and praying for the Signature Series card. I guess it wasn't meant to be. But now I have plenty of the Diamond Kings card and it will have the pleasure of me sitting on it for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment