Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hall or Nothing





There are two things baseball related that I would really like to do one of these days. The first is to go to Wrigley Field. I have seen plenty of photos and can see it on TV, but I would love the chance to see it in person. I went to a Texas Rangers game a couple years back. It was great. The whole family went and we had a great time. (well, except for my wallet. It stills gives me dirty looks.) One of the things that struck me when I went was the size of the place. On TV it looks huge. Once we were in our seats, it didn't seem that big. It was kind of funny. I want to see if I have the same feeling at Wrigley.

The other place I would like to visit is the Baseball Hall of Fame. The history there has to be amazing. I have to imagine that just walking into the place has to be inspiring. I don't know how big it is, but I would bet that I could spend days there just really enjoying and taking it all in. Since I don't know when, if ever, I will get to go I picked up these postcards of the plaques for two of my favorite players. Ryne Sandberg will always be my favorite but Andre Dawson comes a close second. I understand why he went in as an Expo but it would have been great to see another Cubbie hat on a plaque.

No comments:

Post a Comment