Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Terrible Start

Where does the time go? It is already February 1st. It seems the older I get, the faster time goes by. I am off to a terrible start with the blog. Only nine posts since I started. I have so many ideas and things to say, I just have a hard time getting them organized and focused in my mind. I am confident that once I get this worked out and get a flow, it will get easier.

I have had the opportunity to start organizing my cards. I have started picking up some binders when we go to the store. The Avery binders I am using have the d-ring. I really like these much better than the typical o-ring binders I typically see. The pages stay flat and I don't have to watch them as I open and close the binders.
The white binders are the new ones. I am going to make some inserts that I can slide in them so I can tell which is which. I will slowly start replacing most of the others with these. Some of them are old and starting to fall apart and I would like my collection to look as good as the fine gentleman at Wrigley Wax who has been my inspiration to get back into collecting.

A while back, I had bought a box of Ultra-Pro sheets at a card shop. They are fantastic and much nicer than the ones I had purchased so many years ago. I ran out pretty quickly. There is not a shop in my town and with all of the construction we have around here it takes a good 45 minutes to an hour to get to the shop. Being the impatient guy I am sometimes, I decided to pick some up at Target. They were the Ultra-Pro sheets as well so I thought they would be the same. I was wrong. I did not realize that there are different types of sheets from the same company. These are very thin. I am afraid that if I have to move cards very often these would tear. I doubt I will be buying them again. I will just have to be patient and make the drive or order from Amazon.

1 comment: